Thursday, February 01, 2007

tunde's concert in manchester


I enjoy listening, watching and collecting music. I’ve done this for as long as I can remember and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. Nevertheless, for someone who claim to enjoy music as much as I do, it is questionable whether I am a true music lover as I’ve never been in a live concert—until lately. This all changed a few weeks ago when I decided to go and see Tunde, ex-member of the lighthouse family.
The lighthouse family has been a delight to many music lovers over the years and I especially; I’ve always loved their music. One can imagine the shock of fans when the family split up few years ago. However, by a stroke of luck, I stumble across a website owned by Tunde, the vocalist of the lighthouse family advertising his first concert in over four years. I was thrilled by the news and instantly decided to go and see him. Armed with my ticket, which I got a few days before, I set out on the tram to the Lowry, where the concert was going to take place. The wind threatened as I set out and I began to think that the show might be called off due to bad weather. I was overjoyed when on getting there; I discovered that the show was still on schedule.
Lighthouse family in their days was top of the league, but knowing this didn’t prepare me for the sight that awaited me. The lounge was filled with people waiting to get in the concert hall, most of who seemed to have arrived in Porsches. There were uniformed people offering advice to people who were in need of them. When we were finally shown into the concert hall, I was awed at the beauty, it was mostly red and the stage was well lit patiently waiting for the arrival of the maestro. People gently settled in and waited patiently. Opening the show was Catherine Feene, who had done a duet with Tunde on his last album. As I listened to her sing, I utterly forgot that she wasn’t the main act of the day; indeed she was a great singer.
When Tunde finally made his way to the stage, it was to a loud applause and a standing ovation. And as he sang, it was done slickly so that it didn’t seem as he was doing anything at all . I was happy to be there, the nostalgia created by his popular numbers was something I had not anticipated. Not only was he a great vocalist, he was also a good speaker as he gave us little hints on events that led into some of the songs he sang before. His personality was larger than life and this made me to enjoy and I thoroughly enjoyed the gig, extraordinary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home