Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Meeting the Mayor

The Lord Mayor of Manchester, Councillor Glynn Evans and Me 20th May 2007



When I woke up on this day, it didn't occur to me that I'd be a guest at the Mayor of Manchester's party. You can imagine my excitement when after the special service at the manchester cathedral, I was invited to attend a reception in honour of the Mayor at the town hall. It was parked with nicely dressed people and the Mayor was at the entrance welcoming people in. There was food and drink for all (more than I'd ever seen). Moments later, the Mayor addressed an attentive audience. My first impression was that he is a man with a great heart-albeit an emotional one. I got to talk to him, had my photo taken with him, I also took some great shots of him. He even joked that I take a photo of his chin alone. Such a great man, wish all leader would be like him. He is very approachable, understanding and a great lover of kids. He is genuine and hardly a politician, you simply could tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home